Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant-CHF
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77010
- Other Location
Center for Houston’s Future (CHF) works to address matters of highest importance to the long-term future of the greater Houston region, by engaging diverse leaders, providing impactful research, and defining actionable strategies. We bring business and community together to innovate for the future of the greater Houston region. CHF is an organization devoted exclusively to thinking and acting strategically for the long-term future of the Houston nine-county region
The Center for Houston's Future is looking for a part-time administrative assistant to provide administrative support for the President and CEO and the Vice President of Leadership and Engagement in assisting them with addressing long-term strategic planning for the future of the greater Houston region.
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
- Provide direct assistance to the CEO and Vice President of Leadership & Engagement and related committees through responsive dialogue, timely and effective written documentation and communication, and coordinating events
- Assemble and circulate materials for Board, Executive Committee and Program Committee meetings
- Coordinate all logistics, materials, and communications related to Leadership Forums, and Speaker’s events
- Assist with CHF’s Annual Luncheon and coordinate RSVPs and management of event database
- Put together and send out newsletter
- Execute CHF’s social media strategy by Tweeting and posting across other platforms
- Manage the day to day operations of the office
- Maintain neat, organized and professional appearance of reception area, as well as work, storage, and common areas
- Handle office correspondence, telephone contact, facsimiles, filing and mail
- Maintain office supplies and organization of the supply room
- Maintain scheduling of the conference room
- Maintain adequate supply of publications and information packets
- Organize inventory and general files
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook (Access or other database software a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of business and office operations
- Excellent writing skills and exhibits professional and effective communications skills
- Professional appearance
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Ability to function and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments, multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks
- Flexibility to work some overtime, as necessary
- Experience in event planning
- Demonstrated attention to detail in all work projects
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact
- Pro-active thinking and mature decision making
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Flexible schedule arranging hours around other obligations. Minimum of four days per week required. Ideal for Graduate students pursuing a master’s degree in non-profit management, social work or communications.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
Adhere to office safety policies and procedures.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.