If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
IBW Product Manager
- Job Title
- IBW Product Manager
- Job ID
IBW Product Manager Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to join Westell’s In-Building Wireless team. This position will assume ownership and responsibility for all product vision, direction, P & L and life cycle management for the IBW Product Line.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and execution of the Product Line financial plan and market pricing, Product Line direction focused on the business value to customers, business case development for the commercialization of the Product Line, features and applications and identification of opportunities to develop or acquire new products
- Full P & L responsibility including the negotiation of development efforts and scheduled with Operations and Engineering.
- Responsibility for the product roadmap/plan of record and insurance that the Product Line is focused on a proposition that will win in a competitive marketplace
- Competitive analysis, build/buy/partner strategies, pricing and packaging
- Interaction with the sales team and marketing personnel to guarantee revenue and customer satisfaction objectives
- Being the customer requirement advocate and market advocate. Delivering executive level and management level Product Line pitches and demonstrations.
- Representation of customer requirements at technical meetings within the company.
- Ability to handle any problem that may typically arise and offer creative solutions to unique cases, negotiation skills to work with others and other organizations to maintain parity and business success within the corporation.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Streamline internal processes with the objective of reduced “time to market” and reduced development costs.
- Day to day product support activities, which include, but are not limited to: product pricing, product change approvals, cost reductions, point of contact for all product related questions and customer support.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or engineering.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the telecom industry supporting in-building wireless systems, with a focus of expertise in public safety solutions, distributed antenna systems and some exposure to CBRS private LTE networks.
- Thorough understanding of the wireless and wireline service provider product selection and approval process.
- Understanding of compliance requirements such as UL and FCC and other requirements related to in building compliance
- Must be able to provide winning responses to RFI/RFQ/RFP’s and proposals.
- Rapid implementation of product cost reductions.
- Good presentation, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Spreadsheet analysis skills: business cases and margin.
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials.
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- MBA or related advanced degree.
- Experience in the cable (MSO) industry including product approval through CableLabs
- Experience with Agile and SAP
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation, organization and time management skills.