Development and Communications Specialist
- Job Title
- Development and Communications Specialist
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals - each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals who are ready help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
Development and Communications Specialist
The Development & Communications Specialist provides administrative support to the Development & Communications department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the compilation, analysis and reporting of donor constituent data (Raiser’s Edge).
- Processes gift entries and coordinates donor acknowledgment correspondence.
- Leads and supports special events to include but not limited to Trefoil luncheon, Topgolf and Loteria fundraisers, alum and advocacy activities.
- Assists in the coordination of direct mail appeals.
- Supports grant development and implementation.
- Supports content curation for social media and other digital communications.
- Authors social media content and coordinates social media presence.
- Supports marketing and public relations efforts.
- Prepares agendas and coordinates logistics for committee, department and other meetings.
- Attends committee meetings as requested to provide administrative support.
- Transcribes, composes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Answers telephones and triages calls accordingly.
- Receives and opens all incoming department mail.
- Serves as staff liaison for external groups utilizing facilities at the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center.
- Supports staff in assigned project-based work.
- Functions as an advocate for the council by attending and coordinating community events, luncheons, etc. as well as other speaking events.
- Maintains volunteer system database by entering case management information accurately and timely.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
- The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; three to five years of related experience.
- High level of customer service experience.
- Energetic Attitude
- Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Must be able to navigate between multiple computer programs.
- Raisers Edge or any non-profit software skills highly preferred.
- Starting at $16.50/hour
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.