Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77010
- Other Location
Who we are
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,200 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
Who are we looking for today?
Are you a task-oriented assistant? The Partnership is looking for an ambitious, results driven, community minded, assistant in the Membership department. The Member Engagement Division is responsible for the attraction, retention and engagement of members. To achieve this, the Member Engagement Division works to secure adequate funding for the organization through membership, events and special initiatives.
What you will do:
The Membership Assistant is responsible for assisting in the full cycle acquisition process of Partnership memberships. Additionally, the assistant will assist the division in the development and implementation of programs such as Ambassadors, Member 101 or similar that are aimed at helping Partnership members develop their businesses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Ability to follow up with current and potential members
- Finding new leads
- Brainstorming initiatives with the sales team
- Partnering with sales team and Research team to research companies in the pipeline
- Participate in writing new member announcements for internal audience
- Preparing sales documents such as invoices, confirmation emails, appointments, etc.
- Maintains member database by inputting profiles and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Support sales team with sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials.
- Maintain and organize calendar, appointments, files, meetings, luncheons, travel arrangements.
- Assist in daily needs for division.
- Handle correspondence, telephone contact & inquiries, facsimiles, filing, ordering supplies, and mail.
- Assist in requests for division information.
- Work with confidential matters.
- Work with Partnership executive officers, miscellaneous and varied political, business & and community contacts; interface with Partnership Board members, liaison for division in all contacts.
- Assist in coordinating follow up action items from division staff meetings.
- Organize material for meeting and agenda for division committees, meetings, events, etc.
- Organize back up material for meetings, events, and committees.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assist other members of staff as necessary.
- Assist in marketing programs and services for prospective clients and new membership.
- Handle event, workshop planning.
- Handle event registration processing.
- Handle member billing.
- Assist in campaigns and fund raising.
- Assist with round-tables & volunteer committees.
- Assist with overflow within department and division as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Professional, excellent, and effective communication skills.
- Familiarity with CRM a plus
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments, work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent composition, writing, grammar, and arithmetic skills.
- Proficiency in Windows 95, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, other software programs.
- Professional appearance.
- Preference for working with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Preference for detail work.
- Preference for fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Positive attitude and “can do” approach
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously - with the ability to quickly prioritize
- Flexibility to work some overtime, as necessary.
- Bilingual helpful.
Degree (preferred, not required)
Minimum of 2-3 years administrative assistant and management experience.
Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
Dependability- Commits to doing the best job possible; Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments.
Team work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Accountable- Willing to be judged; takes ownership; Makes decisions; overcomes obstacles; Takes initiative and finishes a job at a high-level of excellence.
Planning and Organization- Integrates changes smoothly; Plans for additional resources; Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision making skills.
Adhere to office safety policies and procedures.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.