BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Desktop Support Specialist III
- Job Title
- Desktop Support Specialist III
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
The Desktop Support Specialist candidate will provide customer support and technical assistance to users.
- Answer questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of assigned products installed on Windows 10 Computers.
- Apply advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network related issues encountered by users.
- Hardware support includes, but not limited to Intel x86 based PCs, overhead projectors, soft boards, telecommunications, laser and inkjet printers, scanners, and Common Access Cards (CAC).
- Software support includes, but not limited to Windows operating systems currently supported by Microsoft, Microsoft Office Suite, and various specialty engineering and scientific development tools.
- Installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches and to resolve software related issues and Information Assurance Vulnerabilities (IAVs).
- Coordinate with the Corporate IT Help Desk to maintain the established Incident Tickets and Change Request process to track support using Remedy.
- Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the organizational mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
- Maintain and develop IT related procedures required to support the organization.
- Work with the organizations Information Assurance Officer (IAO) for achieving system accreditation.
- Provide recommendation to future IT needs of the organization.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Assist in the preparation of a monthly progress and status report.
- Required Skills
• BA/BS degree and a minimum of two-five (2-5) years of professional experience.
• Demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and assist others to resolve IT related issues is essential.
• Must have knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and administration of computer systems in a LAN/WAN environment.
• Requires a strong understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
• An understanding of Linux operating systems is desirable; but not required.
• Requires a high level of competency in both written and oral communications skills is strongly desired with ability to work in a team environment.
• Familiarity with the Department of Defense (DOD) networking and security accreditation processes and procedures is required.
• A working knowledge of Windows Active Directory is required.
• A working knowledge of current Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• DoD Directive 8570.1 Information Assurance Workforce Technical Level II certification required (i.e., Security+, CE, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security).
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.