BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Applications & Database Support
- Job Title
- Applications & Database Support
- Requirement ID
- Bethesda, MD 20816
- Other Location
The candidate will provide application development engineering and programming support to projects and infrastructure support activities such as: assist with designing and developing enterprise applications in a Web environment; assisting with developing, creating, and modifying general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Team member will define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications; manages the development of data base projects; performs capacity planning; provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Manage websites including design, develop, deploy and maintain activities and perform testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications as required.
- Perform maintenance on existing software products and contributes knowledge of business applications; write programs according to specifications needed.
- Work with the technical staff to understand problems and then resolve them; resolves customer complaints with the software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Prepare required documentation, analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas.
- Experience creating and using workflows, libraries, lists, webparts, events and alerts Database Support
- Identify user requirements, set up computer databases, organize and store data, and test and coordinate modifications to the computer database systems.
- Understand the performance parameters of the system, the platform on which the database runs, and adds new users to the system.
- Plan and coordinate security measures data integrity, backup systems, and database security.
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users; answers questions and resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote locations
- Provide technical expertise in the use of Database Management System (DBMS); evaluates and recommends available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
- Required Skills
• Bachelors in IT/Computer Science
• Minimum 5 years related experience
• Experience defining site structures as well as sub site in SharePoint
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver), Fireworks, Photoshop
• Experience with Putty, PSFTP, WINSCP and basic working knowledge of UNIX
• Experience with Web CMS (Joomla or Drupal), PHP Application Support
• Experience with MySQL, Oracle or MS Access
Knowledgeable in the following:
• Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
• Virtual LANs (VLANs)
• Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
• Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.