BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Splunk Engineer - Jr.
- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer - Jr.
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Splunk Jr. Engineer candidate will work with other Cyber security Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. Team member will be apart of a program responsible for the prevention, identification, containment and eradication of cyber threats to Customer networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to Customer information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
- Required Skills
• Minimum of a Bachelors degree coupled with related experience.
• Familiar with recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
• Familiar with a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
• Required interact with senior management, as necessary.
Must Have Experience in the Following:
• Splunk Engineering
• Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
• App interface development, using REST API’s
• Previous project management experience.
• ITIL Change & Configuration Management
• Experience with Ansible and GIT
Must Have One of the Following Certifications:
• Splunk Certified Architect
• Splunk Certified Administrator
• Must have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.