BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Project Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Project Engineer candidate will lead a critical SOC engineering projects including projects such as launching applications into the AWS Cloud, Splunk logging, and SIEM implementation. Team member will need to work with the customer to prioritize operational issues, engineering activities, and development efforts, and drive the schedule to completion.
- Set up and guide a Task Management soltuion to track Engineering and Program Management initiatives.
- Lead highly visible projects and initiatives to closure
- Lead key customer briefings and generally assisting the SOC leadership (Government and contractor in execution and strategy)
- Lead updates to Processes, SOPs, and Best Practices
- Ensure high quality of all contractual deliverables
- Facilitate quality comments back to the analysts and leads for the source data to ensure the best data for future analysis
- Required Skills
• BA / BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience
• Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
• 5+ years technical experience with 1-2 years of small project leadership (5+people)
• Experience with ITIL practices
• Experience with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong customer interfacing experience
• Strong communication skills
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• PMP Certification
• Experience in cyber security
• Previous experience with DHS or CBP customer
• Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC) or Networking Operations
• Experiencing developing Agile processes
• Experience Leading a team
• Experience Architecting a Task Management solution like Remedy or JIRA
• Experience working with the following technologies:
o AWS Cloud
o RSA Archer
o MS Project/Visio