BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Dev/Sec OPS - Jr.
- Job Title
- Dev/Sec OPS - Jr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: Must have an active Secret Level Clearance.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
Required Experience: See Qualifications
The Sec/DevOps engineer Jr. will assist with gathering requirements, design, codify, integrate and implement secure solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions.
- Apply secure development/coding to include; but not limited to, cloud technology, internet servers, application whitelisting, virtualized containers, web-enabled database applications, network security, security engineering, data integrity, intrusion detection, firewall management, forensic and legal information security, virtual private networks, public key/infrastructure/digital signatures, encryption, network security architecture and DHS Policy.
- Champion security by injecting security concerns into the existing development workflow; build security thinking into every stage of software development.
- Coordinate with teams across the enterprise on the migration of existing IT services to the cloud; identify security technical requirements, potential problems and issues, and participate on agile software development teams.
- Support SOC capabilities by customizing tools and automating processes for SOC and IR analyst
- The candidate must possess the technical skills and experiences with Cloud Service (AWS, Azure, etc), continuous delivery systems and enhancing SOC operations through automation. The ideal candidate will also have experience leading and mentoring junior members.
- Previous professional experience with performing integrated quality assurance testing for security functionality and resiliency to attacks.
- Previous professional experience with secure programming and identify potential flaws in codes to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Applies coding and testing standards, security testing tools (including ‘fuzzing’ static-analysis code scanning tools), Identify common coding flaws, threat modeling, and conducts code reviews.
- Perform or support penetration testing as required for new or updated applications.
- Recognize security implications in the software/code acceptance phase, including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, common criteria, and methods of independent testing.
- Participate in network and system design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies, designs and implement systems security and data assurance.
- Take an approach of; plan, code, build, test, release, deploy and monitor when writing software to automate CBP SOC security tasks
- Knowledge of Source Code Management concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with customers/stakeholders, developers, testers, project managers, support staff
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployment
- Advanced working knowledge of the following:encryption algorithms, secure communications, network and data communication protocols.
- familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- AWS Solutions Architect, DevOps Certs, RHCE
- Orchestration of Cloud infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
- Advance Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Knowledge of these tools:
- Black Duck
- Aqua Sec
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills