BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Lead Software Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Lead Software Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Lead Software Engineer candidate must have senior knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software programs.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software code
- Design and update software databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Manager.
- Clear communication skills are required.
- Astute ability in writing test scripts, in an agile software development environment, where built in automated test procedures are paramount and continuous integration of software and continuous delivery of software, to the Government is the culture.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommendation of improvements to existing software applications as necessary.
- Capable of performing the software tasks identified in the contract requirements in forming and working on Government/Contractor software coding teams.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree.
• 8 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
• 5 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
• Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations, and surveys, to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications.
• Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
• Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following:
o Government and/or commercial imagery products, to include SAR or related RADAR imaging technologies.
o Integration and operations of terrain analysis visualization and algorithms.
o Integrating and operating automated detection algorithms.
• Experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats
• Use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms. These may include, but are not limited to:
o Tools - Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES, and/or other geospatial databases, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File Geodatabases.
o Data formats including KML, KMZ, NITF, TIFF, JPEG, GeoPDF, and similar geo-related formats.
o Operating Platforms – ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or similar.
• Development of customized code, scripts, modules, macro procedures, and libraries to implement specialized spatial analysis functions using languages such as Python, Java, PHP, C, Pro*C, Perl, or similar scripting and development languages.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Possesses at least one of the Agile Development Certifications
o Certified Scrum Master
o Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
o Certified Scrum Professional
• MS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree.
• 12 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
• 7 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
• Integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software and database development and maintenance; integration of related specialized hardware; engineering studies to identify and remedy geodata processing bottlenecks.