Our team is growing. You will, too.
Legal Affairs Manager
- Job Title
- Legal Affairs Manager
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO 64105
- Other Location
Legal Affairs Manager
AutoAlert is the automotive industry's leading data-mining and lead generation platform helping dealerships identify high-quality leads, increase volume of retail trade-ins, and improve customer retention. Founded in 2002, AutoAlert has provided the automotive industry with innovative software, direct marketing and training solutions currently implemented in over 3,400 dealerships.
LEGAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- AutoAlert is currently seeking a Legal Affairs Manager whose primary responsibility is to provide effective legal support, counsel, and legal administration on business issues that impact company strategies. Key responsibilities involve creation, drafting, review, editing, and analyzing contracts for the benefit of AutoAlert, ensuring the company operates in compliance with laws and regulations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure company remains compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Manage legal department hard copy and electronic document files, update templates as required and track renewal deadlines for agreements. Coordinate the timely preparation and execution of renewal agreements, and properly index and store current and expired agreements.
- Provide legal Interpretation of a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral
- Draft, analyze and interpret legal documents, letters and contracts that support company strategies
- Handle confidential matters with discretion, integrity and ethics.
- Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow
- Other duties as assigned
- In-depth understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions
- Possess strong analytical skills, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, collaborative team approach, demonstrate critical thinking skills and effective conflict resolution
- Effective use of technology, software tools, electronic databases and resources
- Excellent written/verbal legal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, can work independently, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Minimal Qualifications Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 year degree or equivalent
- Experience as paralegal or legal department contract administrator; minimum employment 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Fitness Plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all duties and responsibilities of the employee to effectively do their job. Eligibility requirements apply to all benefit plans. AutoAlert reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. AutoAlert is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.