A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
HR Operations & HRIS (WorkDay) Lead
- Job Title
- HR Operations & HRIS (WorkDay) Lead
- Job ID
- Morristown, NJ
- Other Location
HR Operations & HRIS (WorkDay) Lead
Morristown, New Jersey
- Have you ever wanted to put those great ideas you have for a best in class HR Operations organization in practice?
- Would the opportunity to collaborate in a small team to shape the operational execution of a new HR Strategy within a firm going through transformation excite you?
- Do you believe in your abilities to optimize WorkDay from an HRIS standpoint and have the record of accomplishment to show that belief?
- Are you looking to work for a company that makes products with real value that positively impact the health of your community?
If the answer to these questions is a resounding “yes”, then keep reading and let us know all about you.
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search for an HR Operations and HRIS Lead to be located in the company’s headquarters located in Morristown, NJ. The core HRIS at Melinta is WorkDay and prior experience with the WorkDay product set is a strong advantage. You will be part of a small, integrated HR team, you will be expected to collaborate and support the group across a range of areas as dictated by need – this is not a role for someone unwilling to jump in and help. The team is great, the company has an exciting mission and the work environment is entrepreneurial.
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four U.S. marketed products include Baxdela® (delafloxacin), Vabomere® (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv® (oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. This portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
Melinta is the ideal combination of a publicly traded respected brand coupled with a crystal clear mission and an innovative start-up culture. It is a company that gives its employees the opportunity to act like owners, to innovate and provide actionable feedback. The company is dedicated to breaking the mold of pharmaceutical companies by remaining dedicated to the arena of infectious disease without the distraction of other competing therapeutic channels. If your passion is infectious disease treatment, there is simply no better company to join.
As a HR Operations & HRIS Lead you will;
- Lead HR Operations ensuring that the delivery of HR services meet business, service level and cost requirements.
- Oversee the design and continuous improvement of core HR processes and policies and drives operational excellence and delivery.
- Lead the management and coordination of daily HR operations including employment actions, benefits, employee health wellness, compliance, employee programs, HRIS (WorkDay) administration, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively; ensures accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws related to Human Resources.
The HR Team at Melinta is highly collaborative and it is essential all members are adaptable and willing to pick up tasks as needed for the benefit of all. The role is both a strategic and hands-on role with primary emphasis placed upon the leadership of HR Operations activities and the optimization of our HRIS system. Beyond these core tasks, as a member of HR leadership the right individual will be in continual contact with benefits providers, business leadership and our talent acquisition and talent management teams. This position requires strong knowledge in ERISA, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, FSA, HSA, FMLA, time off, and other state or local regulations for benefit programs in the United States.
Are you ready to;
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s corporate/HR culture, operations, and goals in order to develop HR processes and systems that compliment and support the organization?
- Build strong professional relationships and lines of communication across the organization in order to facilitate collaboration and partnership around HR operations, Benefits and HRIS systems?
- Apply advanced knowledge and understanding of the WorkDay platform to ensure all employee data is accurate, current and compliant with all regulations.
- Develop reporting capabilities within WorkDay to provider the organization, HR and Leadership with actionable information that provides insights useful to the strategic direction of the firm.
- Lead the Day-One new hire process and ensure compliance with all background checks, new hire records and other administrative forms, reports and provisioning of supplies, including equipment, in partnership with IT and our vendors
- Create and document process workflows in partnership with HR team for the full employee lifecycle
- Assists with the development of reports from HR systems involving employee data including but not limited to: hiring & selection, turnover, performance, pay, employee engagement, training, skills, EEO and Affirmative Action
- Partner with key stakeholders to create and execute a comprehensive communication and education plan focused on driving employee engagement in their financial and health well-being.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the company’s employee wellness strategy, both from a financial and health perspective
- Develop policies and manage leaves of absences and time off, working in partnership with the outsourced leave administration vendor and HR Business Partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience implementing and managing HR operations.
- Prior experience with operational oversight of the WorkDay HRIS platform.
- Strong broad base of HR knowledge across all HR disciplines preferred
- Well-developed management skills, evidencing the ability to hire, develop and motivate direct reports
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to organize, execute, and plan projects
- Ability to develop detailed work plans with appropriate resource requirements and prioritization of tasks
- Extensive experience in vendor management and contract negotiation
- Strong technical management and support skills, evidencing the ability to work with internal customers to identify and resolve business issues in an innovative manner; and the ability to envision, model and perform system configuration of complex data and work flows
- Experience building reports, defining requirements and understanding how information is organized
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.), Workday HCM and Benefits is desirable
- Ability to work independently but collaborate in a team environment
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.