Financial Compliance Specialist
- Job Title
- Financial Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- Akron, OH 44333
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate partners.
Position Our Client Is Hiring: Financial Compliance Specialist
Our Client's Location: Akron, OH
Our Client's Company Profile: A national, independent broker-dealer licensed in 50 states for life insurance and securities, specializing in providing equity, investment advisory, risk management, and qualified retirement plan products and support services for the industry’s top tier wealth advisors.
Job Summary: The Compliance Specialist is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day compliance tasks for our client's independent Wealth Management offices. You will be responsible for general compliance internal and external inquiries, questions in connection with three primary lines of business performed through the Broker Dealer, RIA, and Insurance Agency.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years broker-dealer/RIA/licensing and Compliance experience
- Series 7 Registration
- FINRA Series 24 License
- Series 66 or 63/65 registrations
- Life insurance license
- Respond to diverse internal and external inquiries and questions in connection with three primary lines of business performed through the Broker Dealer, RIA and Insurance Agency
- Collaborate with assigned supervisors and Member Offices, develop relationships to help identify red flags and conduct training as needed
- Review of Registered Representative (“RR”) incoming and outgoing customer correspondence, email and social media posts
- Review and approve advertising submissions
- Review & approve routine compliance submissions, including; outside business activities, requests to open personal brokerage accounts, political contributions and gifts given/received.
- Review of assigned Direct Business, Brokerage and Advisory exception reports
- Review RR outside brokerage account trading and reconciliation of statements or account feed integrity
- Perform FINRA Rule 3130 and SEC 206(4)-7 procedure control tests and supervisory surveillance as assigned, prepare report of findings and recommend enhancements and training needs
- Conduct research to prepare for onsite branch audits and following each audit summarize findings into a report, track findings in the Audit Report Card and follow up with Member Offices to ensure deficiencies are addressed.
- Participate in development of annual audit schedule based on risk factors and audit cycle
- Participate in routine regulatory audits, gathering and delivering reports and data requested
- Participate in review and updates to BD and RIA Written Supervisory Manuals
- Participate in risk-based review of periodic surveys including RR annual compliance attestation and OBA activities, including review of tax returns, banking and credit information