If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
Marketing Communications Specialist - St. Augustine College
- Job Title
- Marketing Communications Specialist - St. Augustine College
- Job ID
Marketing Communications Specialist – Chicago, IL 60640
St Augustine College was established in 1980 to serve the higher education needs of Hispanics and non-Hispanics. St Augustine College is an independent, non-profit college, with four locations in Chicago and one in Aurora, Illinois. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities.
St Augustine College provides the latest instructional materials, highly qualified faculty, and a nurturing environment with a personal touch. We offer excellent academic programs that include five Bachelor Degrees and a wide range of Associate Degrees. We accommodate the needs of traditional and adult students by offering day, evening and Saturday classes and providing child care services. St. Augustine also offers workforce development training through our Institute for Workforce Education.
The Marketing Communications Specialist (MCS) assists in the implementation of the College’s marketing and communications strategies. The MCS will work in a consultative manner in regard to marketing analytics, website programming, producing high-quality marketing materials, creating a content marketing strategy, working with social media design platforms, and other communication channels. This position works closely with college sites located throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, and with other departments to develop content and digital and to promote specific and general marketing initiatives that align with the College’s mission and goals. The Marketing Communications Specialist position is designed to be impactful through innovation and resourcefulness.
Summary of Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assists in the implementation of strategies and tactics, including the coordination of media advertising and publicity campaigns.
- Assists in the creation of marketing and promotional materials, including content for TV, radio, print, outdoor, newsletters, and social media.
- Executes social media strategies and maintains and updates the website, Facebook page, and other social media platforms.
- Prepares metrics reports to evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns (levels of traffic—clicks and visit, leads, conversion rates, and other data) to help plan for future campaigns and strategies. Proven experience working with automating marketing campaigns using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Python for data mining and campaign monitoring.
- Creates, sends and follows up on press releases, and coordinates interviews and profiles of programs and individuals associated with the College.
- Identifies marketing opportunities that lead to increased student enrollment.
- Coordinates and participates in events and activities to promote the College, internally and externally.
- Takes photos/video of events and activities for use in various communication channels, such as social media, website, newsletter, etc.
- Participates in meetings, training events, committees, and other activities as needed.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media, or related field is required.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) with the ability to develop a content marketing strategy to effectively work, communicate and relate to a culturally and ethnically diverse population, as reflected in the office staff and the communities and students we serve.
- Knowledge and at least 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations preferably in an educational environment or related field.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an insured vehicle for transportation.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the execution of traditional and social media marketing campaigns. Proven experience creating content marketing strategies including branding strategies, blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Experience in internet marketing tools and experience with creative editing systems Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Self-driven and detail oriented.
- Maintains flexibility in work schedules to accommodate weekend and evening hours for special events and other needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant technological tools.
- Must be highly motivated, creative, and possess a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Great team player who meets or exceeds team goals while working independently.
- Global experience desired.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to Laura Mondel at Laura_Mondel@sbcglobal.net.
St. Augustine College values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed