Member Relations Specialist
- Job Title
- Member Relations Specialist
- Job ID
- SAN ANTONIO, TX 78216-2812
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals — each with their own unique skills
and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In GirlScouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals who are ready to help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
Member Relations Specialist
The Member Relations Specialist is part of a larger cross-functional team providing customer care and support to established Girl Scout membership. The specialist is responsible for overseeing compliance of troops and members with council procedures and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides ongoing support, supervision, and direction to volunteers by interpreting Girl Scouts of the USA and council policies, standards, and procedures and by directing volunteers to additional support services.
- Provides customer support and follow-up with volunteers as requested.
- Identifies the need for, manages and provides timely problem solving and conflict resolution support/intervention when appropriate to troops and volunteers.
- Optimizes the use of technology to include Volunteer Systems in providing customer service support for volunteers and ensuring updated volunteer records by entering information accurately and quickly.
- Coordinates the availability of support services to enable volunteers to carry out the responsibilities of their positions effectively.
- Keeps current on product program information and supports training and messaging that is provided to volunteers.
- Assists with the review and development of volunteer policies annually. Serves on project team for annual Volunteer Essentials update.
- Supports the Member Support team with conversion and retention of members.
- Remains informed and supportive of council and other department initiatives and effectively communicates changes and initiatives to volunteers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
Bachelor's degree; and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Outlook, and Word).
Database management proficiency preferred.
Starting at $16.50/hour
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.