BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Administrator (Windows)
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator (Windows)
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA
- Other Location
The Systems Administrator candidate will support an Intelligence Community customer in the Reston/Herndon or Washington, DC area. Team member must be an experienced Windows server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 system administrator to operate and maintain an application suite with thousands of users. The candidate will responsible for ensuring systems are fully operating at high availability, rapidly troubleshooting and resolving systems issues, handling tickets and calls forwarded from the tier one help desk, as well as from team developers. Team member will work closely with Customer, Product Subject Matter Experts, End Users, and Software Engineers to ensure data and system integrity.
- Create baseline servers for cloning and configuring to customer needs.
- Consolidate hardware resources on Virtual Datacenters in an ever changing environment.
- Rolling back VM snapshots and rebuilding servers with current patches.
- Running smoke test build verifications and reporting discrepancies to team developers and testers.
- Deploying software patches
- Editing Powershell scripts
- Limited SQLPlus configuration
- Normalizing incoming data
- Developing and running scripts
- Monitoring and configuring web application servers
- Penetrating and installing user certificates
- Providing technical assistance and consulting to the users
- Supporting the database administrators
- Act as SME for OS upgrade transitioning, & developing tools for managing the system.
- Troubleshoot network and application performance issues and recommend appropriate action.
- If systems issues and circumstances warrant it, the candidate must also be willing to come onsite during off-hours.
- Must be able to communicate complex system configurations simply and clearly. In some circumstances the system administrator will need to update documentation operationally within XACTA.
- The position is at a customer site & frequent customer interaction is required.
***This position is available in Washington, DC and Reston, VA.***
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• HS Diploma with 10+ years of experience
• Associates with 8+ of years experience
• Bachelors with 6+ of experience
• Masters with 4+ years of experience
• PhD with 2+ years of experience
• Minimum 5+ years of experience with systems administration to include Windows
• Experience with VMware
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action
• Experience maintaining applications built on an Oracle database.
• Familiarity with ORACLE database environments on Windows servers.
• Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
• Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
• Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java, .NET applications, & Oracle applications
• Familiarity with XML
• Understanding of system hardening and security through the implementation of STIGs and Patching.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Experience with ICD-503 or RMF sec accreditation
• Microsoft MCSA
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
• Knowledge of ORACLE
• Knowledge of Apache Servers and/or WebLogic clustered servers.
• DODIIS security/builds familiarity a plus.