If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
Application Specialist - St. Augustine College
- Job Title
- Application Specialist - St. Augustine College
- Job ID
Application Specialist – Chicago, IL 60640 - St. Augustine College
We have been retained by our client, St. Augustine College, to help identify an Application Specialist for their Chicago Campus. The Application Specialist is responsible for daily application administration and maintenance of various campus enterprise applications. This includes analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of applications. The Application Specialist will also provide training support for end-users and serve as a liaison between IT Services and campus departments. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- The integration, administration, and maintenance of various campus enterprise applications including, but not limited to: SIS/ERP, CRMs, portal, report writing and business intelligence, and document management.
- Perform technological support and maintenance of various enterprise applications including database management, system enhancements, upgrades, reporting, and training.
- Collaborate with end-users to evaluate business processes, assess needs, identify key challenges and potential process improvements, and define user requirements, project scope, and deliverables.
- Design and implement procedural systems to ensure the effective and efficient use and delivery of services and information between enterprise systems.
- Provide reports, data extractions, stored procedures, scripts, status updates, and information from enterprise systems for consumption by end users.
- Create and maintain thorough system, process, and end-user documentation.
- Maintain data security and integrity using industry standards and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree required with a major in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of three years managing enterprise applications required.
- A minimum of three years working with relational databases and SQL tools required.
- A minimum of three years supporting/developing an SIS/ERP/CRM desired.
- Business Process Analysis experience a plus.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to quickly acquire new technical skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to estimate time requirements for tasks and to deliver results as scheduled.
- Service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully and exhibit a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to translate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Successfully manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to Laura Mondel at Laura_Mondel@sbcglobal.net.
St. Augustine College values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed