Our team is growing. You will, too.
Software QA Tester
- Job Title
- Software QA Tester
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO
- Other Location
AutoAlert is the creator of the automotive industry's leading data-mining and trade-cycle management platform and other revolutionary software solutions. Backed by patented algorithms, our technology bridges the communication gap between a dealership's management, employees, and customers, creating high-quality sales opportunities, increased gross margin, and improved customer retention.
** Location: Kansas City, MO – this position is office based, does not work remotely. No visa sponsorship available for this position**
As a Software QA Tester, you will be an integral part of our software development team. You will OWN system quality and testing. Working together with our Product Manager and Development team you will create and execute Manual and Automated tests to ensure system quality and performance.
Required Skills & Experience
• 3 - 5 years of testing experience in the role of Quality Assurance and/or Test Engineering
• Experience testing web (UI/API), desktop, client/server, database, and mobile applications
• Experience testing RESTful APIs and SOAP based Webservices using testing tools
• Experience with project defect reporting and tracking tools; such as JIRA, TFS, Bugzilla
• Experience in Automated testing and scripting in automation testing tools
• SQL skills to extract data from database
• Mobile testing experience a plus
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills to interact daily with cross-discipline team members and stakeholders at a variety of organizational levels
• Ability to prioritize tasks with the project and work with minimal supervision
• Passionate about quality and takes pride in their work
• Must have the technical abilities to thoroughly document defects
• Self-starter able to work independently
• Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies
• A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Design/Execute test plans, test scenarios, test cases/scripts
• Perform manual and automated testing, which may include exploratory, system, regression, compatibility, and integration testing.
• Document test procedures, analysis and results
• Plan, create, execute and maintain Manual/Automated scripts
• Build tiered regression suite
• Participate in Daily standup, Iteration Planning and Release planning sessions
• Working directly with development and product to ensure all work is thoroughly tested.
• Document software defects using a defect tracking system and report those defects to project team
• Monitor defect resolution, include in test planning, and track outcomes of defect remediation
• Participate in production releases as needed
• Implements QA best practices and documents
• Standardizes QA process and procedures
• Performs a variety of other tasks as needed.
· Competitive Compensation Package
· Health Savings Accounts
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Life Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Fitness Reimbursement Plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all duties and responsibilities of the employee to effectively do their job. Eligibility requirements apply to all benefit plans. AutoAlert reserves the right to alter all benefit offerings at will. AutoAlert is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.