RID Scientist II
- Job Title
- RID Scientist II
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug and medical device manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skin care technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC.
RID Scientist II
The RID Scientist will formulate a wide range of personal care products incorporating the company’s cosmetics raw materials. Develop new formulas using existing and new technologies in the personal care product area to support company-wide growth and future brand strategies. Ensure that formulas meet expected performance, safety, and regulatory requirements so that they can be produced in manufacturing. Experimentation on the bench with conventional and/or nonconventional/creative approaches with new formula bases, raw ingredients and processing techniques that will lead to unique product claims and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledgeable experienced formulation of a variety of personal care products, cosmetics and OTC from concept to finished product.
- Determine and perform design of experiment to evaluate new and/or alternate raw materials through bench trials
- Creating innovative formulations in a capable affective manner to answer trends in the market and meet project requirements.
- Proactive about meeting business needs and providing solutions with minimal guidance.
- Conduct stability testing to ensure formula and/or formula/package robustness. Prepare laboratory batches for studies and evaluations
- Develop specifications for new and/or reformulated products, ensuring product quality.
- Serve as Lab Applications representative on cross-functional teams.
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, cost, etc.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and cGMPs, safety guidelines
- Notebook documentation.
- Customer support and interaction on a regular basis and problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical degree
- 3-5 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care formulation and R&D.
- Experience in supporting scale-up and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge in color pigments and inorganic compounds a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently with strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.