Pole Setting Apprentice
- Job Title
- Pole Setting Apprentice
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
Are you looking for a boost in your professional career? Do you love working with your hands and finding solutions to complex problems? If you're someone who is ambitious and ready to take the next step in the utility industry, then we want you to picture yourself at On Target as one of our Equipment Operators!
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as locating, metering, smart grid, telecommunications, and power line services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
As an Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for the safe operation of one of our digger trucks. You'll operate equipment such as pole setting trucks and line related equipment in accordance with all company safety policies. In this position, you'll be working around energized lines and equipment, preparing records and reports, and interpret work from sketches and diagrams.
This position will have travel required throughout New England in the Northeast region frequently. You will also be working outside in various weather conditions. Overtime will be required.
Pay for this position is $17.33/ hour.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer an array of benefits that include:
• 100% Paid Training - You'll have ongoing training throughout your career with us.
• Medical, dental, and life insurance
• PTO and paid holidays
• 401(k) plan
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Prior experience in digging around underground and overhead utilities preferred
• Possess a MA and RI riggers certificate or be able to obtain within 3 months of employment
• Strong communication and organizational ability, with attention to detail and accuracy
• Have a High School Diploma or GED
• Have a DOT Class A license, or be able to obtain this license within 3 months of employment
• Safe driving record required
• Lift heavy materials and equipment up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Range
- $17.33 None to $0.00 None