2nd Class Line Worker
- Job Title
- 2nd Class Line Worker
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
Are you looking for a boost in your professional career? Do you love finding solutions to complex problems? If you're someone who is ambitious and an expert with electrical systems, then we want you to picture yourself at On Target as one of our Line Workers!
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as locating, metering, smart grid, telecommunications, and power line services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
As an Electrical Line Worker, you will be responsible for assisting construction and maintenance of transmission, distribution and telecommunication lines and related equipment on the ground, on structures and underground. This position requires someone who is self-motivated and be a leader to lower rated line workers.
The Line Worker performs all types of line work including, but not limited to, installing and removing poles; climbing transmission and distribution poles/structures; installing and maintaining cross arms, pins, insulators, wires and cables, transformers, cutouts, arrestors and all other line related equipment, either overhead or underground; installing fiber optic cable to utility poles either transmission or distribution and overhead or underground locations; and assist in hot line tool work when required.
The pay for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer an array of benefits that include:
• 100% Paid Training - You'll have ongoing training throughout your career with us.
• Medical, dental, and life insurance
• PTO and paid holidays
• 401(k) plan
• Safely work on and around energized lines and equipment in accordance with the company and customers’ construction, maintenance and safety standards.
• Use tools, equipment and instruments of the trade and be proficient in line work methods.
• Works with the public, customers and fellow employees in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
• Required to work overtime as requested
• Assumes the responsibility of emergency duty with a minimum of supervision and assists in the training and direction of employees of lower classification.
• Work a flexible schedule in order to meet customer demands/schedule.
• Prepares records and reports as required, which include but are not limited to time and material reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned by line supervisor.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Have a High School Diploma or GED. Technical education highly preferred
• Have at least 30 months or its equivalent in a journeyman line worker progression
• Have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
• Progress to 1/C Line Worker. Perform all requirements of 3/C Line Worker
• Obtain various state hoisting licenses
• Climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise
• Lift 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Stand, walk and work on uneven ground for the full workday
• Drive a line truck and/or equipment several hours every day
• Work outside in all types of weather conditions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Range
- $31.93 None to $0.00 None