BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
UX Graphic Designer - Sr.
- Job Title
- UX Graphic Designer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
The UX Graphic Designer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct design evaluations for the Customer's HD web enterprises to enable the build out of respective web designs to enhance the user experience.
- Work with team members to evaluate ideas and concepts, assist with making critical decisions affecting the user experience, and incorporate varying stages of the design to the UX process.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Create and implement Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), SharePoint Designs, HTML5 markup language, and other markup languages as needed to support design implementation.
- Defines the design rationale and explain visual choices to cross-functional teams; express concepts verbally and visually.
- Create detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and optimize existing products.
- Share ideas with internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction, and visual designs, usability, and supporting technologies.
- Develop thoughtful recommendations on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Create products and services that adhere to design and brand guidelines.
- Translate architecture and other technical solutions into design products.
- Thoughtful recommendations on use of graphics, mobile optimization, accessibility compliance, and other web best practices.
- Consult with client to define the strategy needed to expand and enhance the website in both scope of content and technical features.
- Ensure web development follows 508 compliance.
- Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft SharePoint.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to the design of applications and web sites.
- Required Skills
• Minimum 10 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
• Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
• Demonstrated experience designing graphic and branding elements with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud graphics applications
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.