MAD Security Careers
Come join a team of some of the brightest and most innovative security experts around!
MAD Security offers a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, 401k matching, bonuses (we like to reward you for your hard work), training on next generation security tools, and flexible time off.
For Trusted Partners (1099):
We are also looking for partners that we can work with that can augment our skills and add depth to our team. We frequently receive requests for work that is a little out of our lane or that we can’t take on due to full bookings, and in those cases we like to work with trusted partners to create win/win scenarios.
MAD Security Career Postings:
Managed Security Services Engineer
- Job Title
- Managed Security Services Engineer
- Job ID
- HUNTSVILLE, AL 35811
- Other Location
Managed Security Services Engineer
MAD Security is seeking a talented and highly-motivated Managed Security Services Engineer in our Security Operations Center in Huntsville, AL. You will be a part of an exciting team working with our customers to prevent, detect, and respond to with cyber attacks in their enterprise environments. You will use your cyber security skills to assist customers implementing our managed security solutions, as well as monitoring, investigating, and reporting security events and incidents. Your work will be highly detail-oriented that involves performing security threat analysis of various malware and web attacks, scheduling vulnerability scans, and working with customers to remediate security related issues based on operational needs. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to gain skills in incident response and threat hunting.
- Plan, implement, deliver and maintain managed security services to customers within established agreements.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot security devices with relevant patches and secure configurations.
- Perform accurate and precise real-time analysis and correlation of logs/alerts from customer devices with a focus on the determination of whether said events constitute security incidents
- Analyze and assess security incidents and escalate to client resources or appropriate internal teams for additional assistance.
- Manage all customer situations in a professional manner with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain documented processes and methodologies to deliver managed services.
- Improve upon methodologies and processes to further expand MAD Security’s ability to deliver high quality services to customers and partners.
- Work with MAD Security partners to expand service offerings and relationships to support MAD Security’s efforts in establishing these services.
- Complete applicable training and certification on core technologies within the MAD managed service offerings.
- Create white papers, marketing documentation, RFP responses, and other customer facing information.
- Assist sales efforts to answer questions by potential customers and assist with project scoping.
- 3+ years of experience in the information security field.
- Knowledge of and experience with cyber attacks and detection techniques.
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management or other security monitoring tools.
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills and excellent command in English (both written and verbal).
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Knowledge of and ability to administer Windows and Linux Server environments.
- Ability to administer network and host-based security tools.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Experience working as part of a Security Operations Team or Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
- One or more of the following certifications: Security+, CEH, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, Cisco Security, or other security certifications.
- Experience triaging security incidents, conducting cyber security incident response, or experience using computer forensic tools.
- Practical experience using packet analysis tools.
- Experience using scripting languages, such as PHP, Python, Bash, PowerShell, SQL, or Regex