Culture – Let’s be honest. A handful of firms are on your consideration list. That’s ok. We know that ours is special. Our company was founded on fostering an environment of collaboration, honesty and always doing the right thing. We even have some fun while we’re at it. Culture is our #1 focus and the reason SIG has only 4% attrition when the industry average is closer to 15%.
Location, Location, Location – It’s the number one rule of real estate and we abide by it. Our offices are in some of the best cities in the country. From Santa Monica to Austin to Charleston, it doesn’t get better than that.
Training – If you’re an experienced broker, a new broker, or part of our back-office staff, we make sure you get the training you need to become a net lease expert. Our Junior/Senior Mentorship Training Program ensures you continue to get the ongoing guidance you need to be successful and reach your professional goals.
Convinced that SIG is the right fit? Check out our current openings and apply below or Contact Us to get started.
Head of Recruiting
- Job Title
- Head of Recruiting
- Position ID
- Charleston, SC 29464
- Other Location
Sands Investment Group (SIG), one of the nation's fastest growing commercial real estate brokerage firms, is seeking a seasoned Head of Recruiting to join our Charleston, SC headquarters.
This position will be charged with sourcing and hiring talent in our five offices (Charleston, Charlotte, Atlanta, Austin, and Santa Monica) and will own the entire recruitment lifecycle from prospecting to onboarding with oversight of the Recruiting Team. Our people are what fuel SIG’s success and we are looking for someone with an eye for talent and the motivation to have a direct impact on the growth of our company.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 5+ years' experience in staffing or corporate recruiting of sales professionals and a track record of sourcing and securing talent (experience in Commercial Real Estate a plus)
- Has a proven track record and passion for matching talent with unique opportunities
- Believes in quality over quantity and the ability to quickly assess talented and culturally compatible candidates
- Is a sales pro with tenacious telephone prospecting (cold calling) skills, impeccable follow-up and great customer service; you aren’t afraid to call anyone or ask for a meeting
- Is a natural relationship builder with a knack for getting even the most hesitant prospects to talk to you
- Is extremely driven, highly motivated, and fiercely competitive
- Has impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, professionalism, and ability to multi-task
- Is proficient in technology and implementing recruiting systems, e.g. Applicant Tracking Systems, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite/Docs
- Can travel locally, regionally, and nationally as needed for recruiting events, conferences, and visits to our offices in other markets
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Implement and execute multi-pronged recruitment strategy to hit annual company hiring targets across all offices, including:
- Networking: Attend local networking events, college recruiting events, and relevant local, regional, and national conferences
- Active Candidates: Manage Applicant Tracking System (ATS), SIG Career Portal, Niche Job Boards (SelectLeaders), College Recruiting Boards (Handshake), and Social Media Accounts (LinkedIn, Indeed) to attract active talent
- Passive Candidates: Utilize LinkedIn Recruiter, National Rankings and Publications (NREI, Globe St), Competitor Research/Candidate Profiling to research and pursue Commercial Real Estate and other sales professionals
- Referrals & Marketing: Oversee internal employee and external referral programs, employer branding platforms (e.g. Glassdoor) and recruitment marketing efforts in partnership with marketing team
- Own and manage the entire recruitment lifecycle process including:
- Research, cold call, evaluate, assess, screen, and phone interview recruits
- Guide selected candidates through multi-step interview/hiring process while maintaining weekly and ongoing communication with hiring managers and leadership team
- Execute the offer and onboarding processes for new hires
- Implement efficiencies and improvements to the lifecycle recruitment process
- Update and maintain the ATS and candidate pipelines for each open opportunity
- Manage Associate Recruiter through the delegation of work, mentoring, and facilitating the development of recruiting skill-sets
- Oversee reporting of key recruitment metrics to company leadership (e.g. source of hire, ROI, conversion ratios, attrition rates, etc.)
- Maintain strong working relationships and consistent communication with internal hiring managers in each office as well as external vendors for the ATS, background check process, social media and job board accounts
Sands Investment Group is a commercial real estate brokerage firm that specializes in the buying and selling of net lease properties for private investors and institutions across the United States. Since its founding in 2010, SIG has closed over 1,700 transactions worth more than $4B in 48 states. Brokers with the company currently have over $600M in active inventory. As a leader in the industry and the first to offer true sub-product type specialization, the firm’s experience in net lease, retail, office and industrial transactions is unparalleled. Sands Investment Group has offices in Santa Monica, CA, Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, and Charlotte, NC.