- Job Title
- Security Analyst
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
This is a 6-month engagement for one of our premier clients, with the possibility for hire.
About the Role
As Security Analyst, provide support for front-line monitoring and analysis of data feed from various security tools, threat monitoring programs, and risk sources. The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for assimilating data from various feed and help determine if the collection data points are evidence of a direct attack or a rogue actor attempting to find vulnerabilities in the system.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who has experience working in a Cyber Security and/or Healthcare setting with ability to coordinate all aspects of complex projects for internal and external clients. Someone with project management experience and having certifications such as: CAPM, PMP, PMI-ACP, or has goal to receive relative certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of technical IT experience AND 3-5 years of information security experience.
- Security certifications are a plus, for example: CEH, GCIH, GCIA or CISSP.
- Experience interpreting vulnerability scans, determining appropriate remediation procedures, communicating them to system owners, and maintaining metrics.
- Demonstrated Incident Response leadership and investigation skills.
- Functional knowledge of network packet captures and analysis of them to support incident forensics.
- Functional knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux technologies.
- Understanding of mobile device security issues and management or remediation solutions.
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations