Supply Chain Specialist
- Job Title
- Supply Chain Specialist
- Job ID
- CHARLOTTE, NC 28208-5479
- Other Location
Are you looking to be proud of what you do, as well as challenge your skills while working with other professionals who are great at what they do? Are you never satisfied with good enough and want to be a valuable contributor to a collective success? If so, then we have the opportunity for you!
Supply Chain Specialist
Neutrik USA, Inc. is a wholesale importer and distributor of electronic interconnection products and systems targeted for use in music, broadcast and live sound production.
Most of our products are manufactured in our corporate headquarters in Liechtenstein, a small German-speaking country located between Switzerland and Austria. The remaining products are manufactured in China by related companies. There is no local manufacturing.
The Supply Chain Specialist will ensure an adequate and accurate supply of inventory is maintained daily to support the business, coordinating all activities with the warehouse and finance departments and our global supply chain team partners. There are close to 2,000 inventory items to manage.
The global organization is currently engaged in an IT project to upgrade the SAP systems. The Supply Chain Specialist will have some involvement in this project, at a level to be determined, to ensure the integration of future SAP processes into the local business.
- Evaluate business forecasts daily, to maintain appropriate inventory stock levels to achieve company-defined customer fulfillment targets.
- Daily review and approval of automated purchase orders (PO’s) to Neutrik AG and China for stock replenishment, after making appropriate adjustments to the automated SAP system order suggestion. Update SAP master data for automated replenishment as necessary.
- Check all documentation for inbound shipments received from suppliers and follow up on all purchase order discrepancies regarding quantities and pricing.
- Support the year-end physical inventory count, coordinating actions with the Warehouse Manager.
- On a quarterly or at minimum annual basis, or as appropriate in the circumstances:
- Update forecast information from customers, coordinating with our sales team.
- Re-classify A, B and C items based on sales of a rolling 12-month period.
- Update minimum order quantities and safety stock levels for A, B and C items to allow the SAP system to optimize the automated purchase order replenishment programs in place.
- Update the HTS (Harmonized Tariff System) codes assigned to inventory items.
- Backup daily processes in finance as needed (credit hold release and posting cash receipts).
- Maintain all ISO Management System documentation and SAP process flow documents related to the Supply Chain Specialist position.
- Optimize SAP processes where appropriate, including the SAP Master Schedule in coordination with NAG headquarters factory operations team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in material planning or logistics in a wholesale import distribution business working with import brokers and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Proficiency working within the SAP system, specifically within the material planning, purchasing and inventory management sections.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and email.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits as well as a 401(k) plan with generous company matching contribution. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.