Referral Coordinator (Bilingual Preferred)
- Job Title
- Referral Coordinator (Bilingual Preferred)
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77030
- Other Location
UT Physicians is committed to providing the best that medicine has to offer with quality care that incorporates the latest medical treatments and innovations and the most up-to-date technology.
With more than 1,500 physicians certified in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties, UT Physicians is a prestigious organization located in the Houston Medical Center and surrounding areas providing multi-specialty care for the entire family. We help patients needing urgent, highly specialized or complex care and also provides high-quality, wellness-oriented primary care for routine illnesses and maintenance of good health.
Our doctors are internationally recognized for leading-edge medical research and treatment. Many are among the Woodward-White “Best Doctors in America.” They are national leaders in research, education and clinical excellence.
We are currently looking for Healthcare professionals to join our team.
Referral Coordinator - Adult Neurology - TMC
- Communicate with various parties (i.e. physicians, insurance companies, nurses, local, state and federal agencies, attorneys and employers) regarding patient's financial needs and needs for medical or surgical services.
- Assist with scheduling patients for outpatient testing, admission to hospital, EMU, and communicates with third-party reimbursement providers.
- Facilitates both professional and facility reimbursement.
- Ensure information is communicated consistently and accurately between parties.
- Acts as a coding resource for both CPT and ICD-9 diagnosis coding for the professional and facility billing efforts
- Educates the patient on the referral process and keeps them informed of progress made in obtaining referrals, authorizations, and/or financial issues.
- Demonstrate commitment to the ACT-IT philosophy and assists in the accomplishment of UTP goals. Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years related experience and/or training in a medical office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Databases, Internet, IDX, and Allscripts
In exchange for your dedication, you can expect a competitive salary, sincere appreciation for your work and a beautiful, "family-like" working environment unlike any other. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.