- Job Title
- Controller- Manufacturing
- Job ID
- COLUMBUS, NE 68601-9003
- Other Location
Prairie Catalytic LLC owns and operates a state-of-the-art facility for the conversion of bio-ethanol into ethyl acetate in Columbus, Nebraska. Ethyl acetate is a widely used industrial solvent commonly employed in products ranging from paints and coating to consumer and personal care products. The plant in Nebraska will be the largest in the world to produce ethyl acetate entirely from an agricultural derived, non-petroleum-based feedstock.
Prairie Catalytic is actively seeking a Controller for its new world-class production facility starting up in Columbus, Nebraska. The Controller is responsible for managing Prairie’s financial performance through financial and cost reporting and analysis as well as ensuring accounting compliance with GAAP and any applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements for financial and tax reporting. The successful candidate will be experienced with debt financing and the associated report requirements to ensure compliance with the covenants put in place by lenders. The ideal candidate will have experience in cost accounting in industrial manufacturing settings. In addition to demonstrated leadership ability, this position requires the ability to provide strategic guidance at a high level of efficiency within a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
The Controller is an integral part of Prairie Catalytic senior leadership team. The Controller is not required to be at the production site daily and remote working arrangements are possible for a well-qualified candidate. The Controller is however required to be at the plant weekly and to be able to travel to the plant easily on short notice, hence we expect that the successful candidate will reside in Eastern Nebraska or Western Iowa within a couple of hours traveling distance to Columbus.
- Be accountable for Prairie Catalytic financial record keeping.
- Ensure that financial record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Develop and maintain reliable internal accounting controls.
- Personally, review and approve all quarterly and year-end bank filings.
- Personally, review and approve all quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Oversee the issuance of any financial information.
- Ensure compliance with lenders’ covenants.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Communicate, distribute, and explain financial data and results to shareholders, Board, and management.
- Develop financial and tax strategies for Prairie Catalytic.
- Arrange for required debt and equity financing.
- Supervise the financial performance of Prairie Catalytic capital projects.
- Design and oversee Prairie Catalytic's transaction processing system.
- Understand Prairie Catalytic's financial risk profile, report risk issues to the owners and management of Prairie Catalytic and provide and implement mitigation measures.
- Assist in formulating Prairie Catalytic's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and Prairie Catalytic lenders.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving Prairie Catalytic, and legal issues affecting the Industry at large.
- Negotiate the placement of annual insurance programs to provide required coverages.
- Ensure that Prairie Catalytic complies with any other legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Represent Prairie Catalytic with investors and current and prospective lenders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field with major in Accounting.
- Minimum 7 years successful Controller experience in large to midsize setting.
- CPA required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting a plus.
- Demonstrates strong technical accounting and finance skills.
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with relevant software packages including QuickBooks Enterprise and Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven track record of creation of GAAP compliant financial reports.
- Proven track record in management of debt financing.
- Proven track record of establishing, implementing, and using risk models.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Ability to make decisions under stressful situations.
- Knowledge of materials management, manufacturing cost accounting, supply chain and logistics management services a plus and will be highly regarded.
This position offers a competitive salary and includes a complete benefit package inclusive of health care, 401k, paid vacations and a generous performance-based bonus.
Prairie Catalytic is a subsidiary of Greenyug LLC. Greenyug, LLC is a privately held technology development company with a mission to research, develop and commercialize production of commodity and specialty chemicals, polymers, and fuels derived from renewable sources in a cost efficient and market competitive manner. Greenyug headquarters and research facility are based in Santa Barbara, California. Scale-up and process development are carried at a fully integrated demonstration facility in Pune, India. Greenyug capabilities include all aspects of technology development from concept at lab scale to piloting and commercial deployment. See more at www.greenyug.com and www.prairiecatalytic.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.