The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
Marketing Product Team Lead, Professional Development
- Job Title
- Marketing Product Team Lead, Professional Development
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77024-4257
- Other Location
The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) is the world's largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting more than 24,000 members in 93 countries. The association's members, represented in 130 chapters and 17 industry councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than US $100 billion in products and services. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies professionals in facility management, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world's largest facility management conference and exposition. To join and follow IFMA's social media outlets online, visit the association's LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages. For more information, visit the IFMA press room or www.ifma.org.
Marketing Team Lead, Professional Development
The Marketing Team Lead assigns marketing projects including print, email and web. Write advertising copy from conception to completion for print, broadcast and online media to promote sale of goods and services. Use and leverage in-house marketing automation tools to maximize product revenue and member satisfaction. Manage selected worldwide IFMA products working with relevant stakeholders. Work closely with leadership in strategic planning and marketing business plans to position IFMA and its products in the global marketplace.
- Manage the timeline and deliverables for internal and external marketing projects from request through delivery, ensuring that project requirements are met on time and within budget.
- Monitor marketing trends and the competitive landscape, offering out-of-the box recommendations to stay ahead of the competition.
- Lead meetings with in-house departments and members of the marketing and web teams to discuss project requirements, objectives, timelines and core messages.
- Develop ideas and concepts with members of the marketing team to create positively disruptive, innovative, effective marketing/promotional content and strong visual elements.
- Generate and provision reliable and accurate reports, analyses and recommendations to cross functional units to facilitate strategic decision making and thorough understanding of the market.
- Manage execution of marketing tactics.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans, programs and budgets, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Develop copy for emails/ house ads/event brochures/show directories.
- Develop marketing templates/toolkits for chapters/councils.
- Develop event Power Points and assist with pre-production planning/tasks associated with staged productions as needed (Marketing Product Team Lead for Events provides direction).
- Lead marketing project management (production schedules, project scope/updates, pagination, coordinating materials, etc.) relating to assigned product area(s).
- Develop and manage marketing operating budget.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Determine agencies and suppliers of record, and negotiate contract terms and conditions for major services.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Lead efforts in socializing MarCom team processes and policies.
Supports The following Products/Initiatives:
- CFM & Retired CFM
- FM Learning System
- Family of CFM Exam Prep Resource products
- Collaboration Designations (MRICS)
- Suite of Credentials & Professional Qualifications
- Essentials of FM
- Family of single online training courses (non-credential)
- ADP Badges (New for 2019)
- FM Framework (New for 2019)
- Credential Classroom Courses (foreign and domestic)
- FBPTA/GSA Sales
- Corporate/Group Sales
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods. Expanded level of strategic marketing and business thinking.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Planning and Organization - Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.; ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events; ability to follow instructions, meet commitments and meet challenges with resourcefulness; prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in writing, English, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Journalism from four-year college or university.
- 5+ years of marketing experience.
- Familiarity with latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design and production a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet software. Prior use of marketing automation software is preferred. Understanding of databases and CRM in general is strongly preferred.
We value our employees’ time and efforts and we work to maintain the best possible environment, where people can learn and grow with the company. We also strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere so that each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Flexible work schedule
- 401K plan
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation, Sick and Floating Holidays
- Future growth opportunities and much more!