Senior Public Relations Specialist
- Job Title
- Senior Public Relations Specialist
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77030
- Other Location
- 6410 Fannin, Ste 828
Do you desire a rewarding role with a great organization?
Do you want a job that's not just a job?
Seeking job fulfillment in a position that will make an impact on others’ lives?
If so, we want to hear from you!
UT Physicians is committed to providing the best that medicine has to offer with quality care that incorporates the latest medical treatments and innovations and the most up-to-date technology.
With more than 1,500 physicians certified in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties, UT Physicians is a prestigious organization located in the Houston Medical Center and surrounding areas providing multi-specialty care for the entire family. We help patients needing urgent, highly specialized or complex care and also provides high-quality, wellness-oriented primary care for routine illnesses and maintenance of good health.
Our doctors are internationally recognized for leading-edge medical research and treatment. Many are among the Woodward-White “Best Doctors in America.” They are national leaders in research, education and clinical excellence.
We are currently looking for Healthcare professionals to join our team.
Senior Public Relations Specialist - TMC
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding the practice through newspapers, periodicals, television, radio, and social media.
- Ensures public relations goals and strategies are met. Helps maintain a favorable public image for the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of AP style to write practice announcements and patient-related stories for web and social media.
- Collaborates with colleagues on social media communication projects that support and enhance the organization’s brand and operations.
- Monitors, posts to, and analyzes social media channels to build a community of followers and enhance interaction.
- Leads speakers bureau to facilitate interaction between the practice community.
- May interact with corporate or community representatives as a representative of UT Physicians.
- Demonstrate commitment to the ACT-IT philosophy and assists in the accomplishment of UTP goals. Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
- Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines in regard to patient information.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university in English, Journalism, Communications or allied field.
- Three years of experience in public relations, communications, writing/editing or related field.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven feature writing, speech writing and news writing skills; knowledge of content management system skills preferred; Strong knowledge of AP Style. Strong background in media production and television is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe PageMaker, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point), Databases, Internet and WordPress.
In exchange for your dedication, you can expect a competitive salary, sincere appreciation for your work and a beautiful, "family-like" working environment unlike any other. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.