- Job Title
- Security Administrator
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
We are currently seeking a Security Administrator to join our team. This position is responsible for ensuring the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections. This includes checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting. This person will also analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion and conduct user activity audits where required.
Under moderate supervision and much decision-making:
- Deploys, manages and maintains all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems and anti-virus software.
- Administers end user accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Manages connection security for local area networks, company Web sites and intranet, and e-mail communications.
- Manages and ensures the security of databases and data transferred both internally and externally.
- Designs, performs and/or oversees penetration testing of all systems in order to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Designs, implements and reports on security system and end user activity audits.
- Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Analyzes and interprets activity and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Recommends, schedules (where appropriate) and applies fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures and any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
- Downloads and tests new security software and/or technologies.
- Performs system backups.
- Provides on-call security support to end-users.
- Mentors and provides guidance to junior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- Two to four years of related work experience is required.
- Broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC and platform operating systems, including Windows, Linux and Apple operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current information security systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
- Knowledge of law enforcement practices and procedures
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.