Field Services Specialist
- Job Title
- Field Services Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
FIELD SERVICES SPECIALIST
Installs, configures, assembles and implements desktop and remote computer systems hardware, computer peripherals and other equipment for all corporate use. Assists the Employee Management team in performing moves and relocation of computers and related equipment at Corporate and remote locations. Coordinates with the Employee Management team for the setup of hardware for new employees and the retrieval of equipment from terminated employees.
Under much supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Installs, configures, assembles and implements desktop and remote computer systems hardware, computer peripherals and other equipment for all corporate use.
- Works within defined asset procedures to monitor and track asset inventory in the hardware distribution center ensuring that appropriate control measures are in place for all workstations, laptops, printers and all related computer equipment in order to render an accurate physical account.
- Responsible for sending equipment out for repair or repairing the equipment in house.
- Maintains a regular PM schedule for printers, workstations, laptops, etc.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, upgrades and provides solutions to hardware and printer issues.
- Reviews assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensures data pertaining to the status of service requests is promptly and accurately entered into the problem tracking software on a daily basis.
- Coordinates with the Employee Management team for the setup of hardware for new employees and the retrieval of equipment from terminated employees.
- Assists the Employee Management team in performing moves and relocation of computers and related equipment at Corporate and remote locations. This may include installing and relocating phone equipment via applicable telephone switch software.
- Responsible for the installation and testing of equipment in support of new office builds and office relocations. Also works with networking groups to test voice and data circuits for new office builds. Travel may be required.
- Ensures that all voice and data cabling is installed and tested according to BICSI and Insperity standards for new office builds and office relocation/remodels.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness; participates in IT initiatives to address service issues.
- Keeps abreast of technical aspects of the PC-LAN/ WAN computing environment simultaneously developing a working knowledge of department-specific applications; attends seminars, training sessions and other educational opportunities to keep up with the latest hardware/software changes and technological advancements in the computing industry.
- Contributes to task forces and special projects initiated within departments/divisions. Travel may be required.
- Works to improve the knowledge base and customer service skills of the help desk. Documents all problem resolutions in provided help desk software, creates documentation on recurring or frequent problems, attends training and self study.
- Assists Production Operations in building servers and network devices.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s Degree in related field is preferred. One to two years of experience in related field is preferred.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment, familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft environment, specifically: Windows 7, Windows 10, familiarity with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office, and additional Microsoft products.
- Technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of all computer hardware and peripherals with an emphasis on assembling, installing, configuring, supporting and upgrading desktops, laptops, laser printers, and other computer equipment as it is released by the Client Systems Support Department.
- General understanding and knowledge of networking concepts, networks topologies, system integration and networking connectivity issues and troubleshooting techniques as it relates to end users systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to the business needs.
- Ability to identify user requirements and aid in problem resolution utilizing good analytical skills, sound judgment, good customer service skills, communication skills as well as follow-up and organizational
- Ability to travel to sale offices and service centers on occasion.
Performs moderate work; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.