The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
Manager, Product Management
- Job Title
- Manager, Product Management
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the US.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
MANAGER, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
This position is responsible for the product portfolio planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. Responsible for gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with business units and development to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Provides the guiding vision for the product portfolio.
- Leads and manages the Product Management team in the delivery of multiple products and services ensuring high customer service and satisfaction.
- Works with a cross-functional team to drive the consistent and timely development and delivery of both internal and external-facing deliverables across the product portfolio.
- Acts as subject matter expert on product functionality, best practices and technical constraints.
- Leads and directs the designated project teams, routinely communicates progress to all stakeholders and alerts management to issues preventing completion on time, on budget and within specifications.
- Works closely with business units to understand market needs and translate them into appropriate feature sets.
- Researches market trends and provides recommendations to remain market-competitive.
- Collaborates with business units, project managers, development teams and user communities during the design, development, test and launch phases of software development.
- Leads strategic project prioritization discussions with business units.
- Develops project vision, business drivers, project cost and feasibility, and project scope.
- Collaborates with business units and development in translating product strategy into detailed requirements.
- Responsible for the management of product releases and for establishing the product development roadmap for multiple development teams.
- Analyzes products and projects against criteria such as technical viability, financial impact, resource capacity, complexity, risk, and business success to increase portfolio value.
- Recommends resource allocation to achieve corporate product innovation objectives.
- Provides leadership, technical expertise, mentoring, career development and functional management for assigned Product Management personnel.
- Measures, analyzes and reports to management on product performance and utilization.
- Develops and maintains close collaborative partnerships with technology personnel and ensures seamless integration with existing technology platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Electrical/Computer Engineering is required.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated product management ability.
- Process improvement/optimization experience and work in a high-tech environment are preferred.
- Software development knowledge is desired.
- Proven leadership, relationship and change management skills with the ability to effectively manage conflicts and problems constructively.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Must possess excellent customer skills and organizational skills, ability to learn new concepts quickly and be a self-starter.
- Good oral and written communication skills specifically relating to creating user documentation and providing user training.
- Must demonstrate analytical and statistical skills.
- Sound knowledge of system design, development and effective testing methods.
- Capable self-starter able to work independently, be innovative and actively seek new or better methods of competence.
- A positive team player with a sense of urgency directed toward the provision of successful solutions for specific projects.
- Ability to lead and motivate a staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels. Possesses strong customer service and change management skills.
- Possesses proven analytical and statistical skills and demonstrates a sense of urgency directed toward the provision of innovative, successful solutions for specific products and product lines. Actively drives continuous improvement.
- Communicates professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing, to both technical and nontechnical audiences. Maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.