Offensive Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Offensive Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Other Location
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.
As a Senior Offensive Security Engineer, you will work with a team to perform various types of security testing for clients to identify and mitigate security issues. In addition, you will work with clients to propose security controls for long-term solutions in across many different verticals but primarily focused on healthcare.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network penetration testing and web application security assessments in support of regulatory compliance.
- Recommend and implement improvements to testing processes/methodologies.
- Achieve high levels of client satisfaction on all engagements by meeting or exceeding client expectations set by engagement leaders and project managers.
- Write comprehensive reports and deliver presentations for technical and non-technical audiences, including executives and stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with network architecture, routing, network protocols and at least one area of strong technical experience in: network engineering, system administration, application development, or database administration.
- Experience using common penetration testing tools, BurpSuite, Metasploit,etc..
- Proficient in at least 1 scripting language.
- Mastery of common server and workstation operating systems.
- Ability to think holistically and identify areas of technical and non-technical risk.
- Ability to write technical reports and communicate technical content to non-technical audiences.
- Relevant security certifications are a plus, but not required (OSCP/OSCE/GPEN/GWAPT/LPT).
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Travel required up to 50%
- Must have a valid driver license and have the ability to rent a car
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Desk job in office environment - sitting at extended periods of time, some bending, lifting (10 lbs.), stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate written or online documentation.
- Involves frequent contact with staff and frequent contact with clients.
- Work may be fast-paced and stressful at times.