The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
School Registered Nurse (RN), School-Based, Full-Time, Chicago, IL
- Job Title
- School Registered Nurse (RN), School-Based, Full-Time, Chicago, IL
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a School Registered Nurse (RN)/Health Service Nurse (HSN) for a full-time job in Chicago, IL.
As a Health Service Nurse (HSN) for Futures Education, you will be providing school-based services to children in the Chicago area. You will have your own caseload, work directly in the schools, and have the additional support of the therapist-owned and operated management team at Futures Education.
Health Service Nurse Job Description:
- The HSN provides and/or delegates to licensed personnel direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students.
- The HSN prepares health assessment on students for annual evaluations
- The HSN identifies health problems, makes referrals for diagnosis and treatment, develops educational modifications, provides follow-up and evaluation, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- The HSN provides counseling and follow-up services to students with disabilities as delineated in the IEP/504/RTI plan.
- The HSN follows up on homebound students needing related health care services.
- The HSN provides intervention in times of school crisis, i.e. death, suicide, traumatic events.
- The HSN initiates, encourages, and participates in health education programs for children.
- The HSN assists special education children to accept or adjust to their physical, emotional or health limitations.
Health Service Nurse (HSN) Education and Experience:
- BSN Required
- Graduate of an Accredited University
- Previous Experience in a School-Based or Pediatric Setting
- Active Illinois RN License
Futures Education is a unique organization that provides management and clinical staff to schools located in several locations throughout the United States. First and foremost, we are hands-on practitioners and educators, committed to best practices, research, and data-driven decision making that provides authenticity to our work and allows us to provide unparalleled service to our client partners. Futures Education is therapist owned and operated, and our mission is to build better lives.
Each day offers a chance for us to improve someone’s life. Do you want to help make a difference? Reach out today!
To apply to this position, please visit www.futureshealthjobs.com. You may also contact Catherine Moore in the recruiting office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-349-4077.
- Required Skills
Graduate of Accredited Nursing Program
School Based Experience Preferred
Active Current Illinois State License