BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Administrator - Sr.
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Systems Administrator candidate will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation
- Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Participate in special projects as required.
If selected, the candidate must be willing to work 0530 AM - 1730 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 5+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support.
• Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products.
• May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration
(perfmon, services, software installation, etc.)
• Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies
(BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.)
Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies:
• Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred)
• Recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA
• Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity
• SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation
• Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare
• Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems
• Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems
• Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies