Information Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Information Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Work From Home,
- Other Location
About the Role
As an Information Security Engineer, you will perform and deliver written and verbal technical security risk assessments using various frameworks to assist clients in mitigating existing and future security risks based on industry standards (NIST, ISO, SANS, Critical Security Controls). Clients also will require your expertise and guidance on advisory questions ranging all verticals of information security program management.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who can execute, and Conduct information security risk assessments based on industry standards (NIST, ISO, SANS Critical Security Controls) onsite with clients while providing superior customer service and fostering those relationships to build trust to secure future business. Ability to respond to advisory service requests to address and answer client questions using information security management and strategic guidance to develop the client’s information security programs. Exceptional writing skills needed to deliver reports detailing findings and associated recommendations for information security programs to help meet the client’s security and compliance standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant security certifications are a plus but not required.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Experience working in security or risk management, performing security assessments in a client-facing/consulting role.
- Professionalism, problem-solving, customer facing and handling skills, time management, written and verbal communication, presentation skills, active listening, flexibility.
- Working knowledge of risk and security frameworks, standards, and best practices (e.g. NIST, ISO SANS Critical Security Controls).
- Ability to think holistically and identify areas of technical and non-technical risk.
- Experience writing technical reports and presenting to non-technical audiences.
- Must be available for regular travel 30-60% with valid driver license with a clean record and ability to rent a car.
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.