Information Security Consultant
- Job Title
- Information Security Consultant
- Job ID
- Other Location
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.
As an Information Security Consultant, you will deliver risk and compliance services/assessments to mitigate existing and future security risks. You will also propose security controls for long-term solutions in a Healthcare environment, while working closely with clients and partnering with your internal Leadership team and colleagues.
- Conduct information security risk assessments based on industry standards (HIPAA/HITRUST, NERC, PCI-DSS, GLBA, FFIEC, SOC2, NIST, ISO)
- Respond to advisory service requests to address and answer client questions and/or needs
- Provide information security management and strategic guidance to assist in the development of client information security programs
- Write and deliver reports detailing your findings and associated recommendations for information security program development to help the client meet security and compliance standards
- Execute consulting engagements working on-site with the client
- Achieve high levels of client satisfaction on all engagements by achieving client expectations set by engagement leaders and project managers
- Develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Bachelor’s a Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience in IT and/or Security
- 2+ years’ experience in security or risk management, performing security assessments in client-facing/consulting role
- Professionalism, problem solving, customer facing and handling skills, time management, written and verbal communication, presentation skills, active listening, flexibility
- Working knowledge of risk and security frameworks, standards, and best practices (e.g. HIPAA, COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001/2)
- Ability to think holistically and identify areas of technical and non-technical risk
- Experience writing technical reports and presenting to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and/or undefined situations
- Must be available for regular travel
- Relevant risk and/or security certification(s) preferred (CISSP, CISA, CISM, C-Risk or equivalent)
Why Join Us?
Recognition - CynergisTek won the 2017 Best in KLAS award for Cyber Security Advisory Services and was recognized in the 2016 KLAS Security Advisory Services report for having the highest overall client satisfaction, performance and impact on security preparedness in healthcare.
Training - Security is our business, so we value ongoing training to keep your skills current by providing you with an annual training budget, education assistance and a team with diverse skills for easy and collaborative cross-training opportunities. In addition to training from anyone on the team in areas of interest, you are also empowered to train others!
Growth - CynergisTek has seen record-breaking year-over-year growth for the past several years. In 2014, we had more than 70% increase in revenue from the previous year, representing a compounded annual growth rate of 61% since 2012 plus a compounded annual growth rate of 108% in new customers.