Medical Device Security
- Job Title
- Medical Device Security
- Job ID
- Other Location
As the Medical Device Security, you will develop a holistic security management program to protect biomedical devices from theft, hacking, and unauthorized access. You will provide on-site strategic leadership of the biomedical security management program, which includes working with the client’s biomedical leadership to identify, analyze, and help improve the biomedical equipment inventory management workflow and identify ways to integrate other workflows to improve the accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Provide strategic direction and oversee all PM duties, but not limited to, conducting meetings, assigning and tracking action items, and providing periodic status reports to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal staff and external consultants to help implement various pilot projects to manage the inventory, track biomedical devices to reduce vulnerabilities (i.e. patch management/periodic maintenance process, etc.)
- Partner with client stakeholders to improve device utilization, auditing of infection control measures, and lower the total cost of ownership by reducing total inventory requirements.
- Improve the overall security awareness of clinical and environmental services staff, as well as protective services and network exposure of biomedical devices by assisting Information Technology (IT) staff identify, classify, and block Internet access of vulnerable biomedical devices.
- Knowledge in integrating other workflows, including environmental services (infection control), protectives services, and clinical staff to limit unauthorized access to biomedical devices
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in biomedical services in a healthcare environment with skills in modifying the physical security controls of biomedical devices, including RFID and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technologies.
- 3+ years in project and data management skills using multiple software applications.
- Knowledge of medical equipment cybersecurity principles and documentation (e.g. MDS2, patch validation, FDA OS patch regulations, FDA reporting, ICS-CERT reports, etc.).
- Travel required up to 65%
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems/ Security preferred
Who is CynergisTek?
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.