MAD Security Careers
Come join a team of some of the brightest and most innovative security experts around!
MAD Security offers a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, 401k matching, bonuses (we like to reward you for your hard work), training on next generation security tools, and flexible time off.
For Trusted Partners (1099):
We are also looking for partners that we can work with that can augment our skills and add depth to our team. We frequently receive requests for work that is a little out of our lane or that we can’t take on due to full bookings, and in those cases we like to work with trusted partners to create win/win scenarios.
MAD Security Career Postings:
- Job Title
- MSSP/SOC Manager
- Job ID
- Huntsville, AL 35806
- Other Location
SOC Manager-MSSP in Huntsville, AL
MAD Security is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Cyber Security SOC Manager to lead our growing managed security services team.
As the MSSP SOC Manager, you will play a key leadership role in the success and overall growth of MAD Security’s MSSP offering. You will aid in designing current and future solutions that are consistent with best practices, maintain a strong knowledge of emerging technologies, interface and collaborate with coworkers and customers to continuously improve upon MAD Security’s MSSP offering.
You will be working side-by-side with a highly focused and motivated leadership team that is constantly striving to reach a higher level of excellence. One of the most, if not THE most important requirements for this position is to possess an extremely passionate and outwardly enthusiastic approach, day-in and day-out, for working with our great team in a collaborative environment and believing in the MAD Security MSSP mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the MSSP Security Operations Center
- Primarily responsible for security event monitoring, management and response
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
- Responsible for team & vendor management, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
- Management, administration & maintenance of security devices under the purview of the MSSP offering which consists of state-of-the art technologies
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to Sr. Mgmt.
- Coordination with stakeholders, build and maintain positive working relationships with them
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Experience in security device management and SIEM (AlienVault)
- Proficient in Incident Management and Response
- Experience in threat management
- Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not limited to Windows, Linux, Unix
- Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware to address security threats against the same
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Good Analytical skills, Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
- Experience in network/host based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber threat intel
- Possess excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate to technical and executive level staff
- Thrive and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, surrounded by brilliant and like-minded people
- Must be in Huntsville, AL area
Desired Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience
- 10+ years relevant experience in the field
- MSSP SOC leadership/management experience
- Cyber Security Certifications one or more: CEH, CISSP, GCIH, GSEC, GCIA, GMON, or equivalent