The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.Area Sales Representative
- Job Title
- Area Sales Representative
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Minneapolis, MN 55425
- Other Location
Develops and initiates relationships with corporate travel managers, procurement /sourcing managers, human resource managers and other primary decision makers in order to execute corporate parking agreements and ensure that our parking program is being communicated to their business/leisure travelers. Meets with existing and new travel-related organizations such as, AAA agencies, travel management companies, travel agencies, tour companies, military and other government agencies, in order to influence their travelers to park with Park ‘N Fly (PNF). Seeks temporary storage opportunities such as rental car, delivery services, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with lot management team to discuss ways of increasing lot revenue.
- Must know PNF’s “competitors” rates and offerings, including their corporate and frequent parker programs.
- Required to submit weekly and monthly sales activity reports.
- Attend local or national meetings/conventions as needed.
- Participates in local or regional networking events, trade shows, travel/vendor days and professional association events.
- Make “cold calls” to develop new business leads.
- Frequently work with current contacts and obtain new contacts within the account in order to effectively communicate parking program.
- Work to determine other locations within the organization that may have opportunities to promote PNF.
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews with accounts (provide expenditure reports).
- Frequently communicate any rate changes, promotions, new locations, etc. to accounts.
- Penetrates and implements parking programs with new and existing accounts.
- Increase account revenue against Budget and YOY.
- Implement and monitor sales programs/promotions ensuring incremental gains.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies: The following competencies strongly contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions, displays orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organization goals, understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses, analyzes market and competition for threats and opportunities, and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires trust of others, works with integrity and ethically and upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative: Volunteers readily and seeks increased responsibilities, undertakes self-development activities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, asks for and offers help when needed.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have knowledge of online booking tools (e.g. Concur).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Able to effectively present information on parking programs and services offered to PNF’s clients, customers and the general public.
- Must possess effective communication skills as well as superior customer service skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
- Ability to decide if ROI on new business is practical.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to drive a personal automobile to sales calls.
- Frequently required to walk & stand.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently in order to carry sales documents, brochures, etc.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of new business sales, cold calling/account management and professional sales experience in the travel industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in calling on mid to large sized organizations.
- Subject to constant changes (driving to sales calls, meeting with clients and working in office).
- Required Skills
- Area Sales Rep