Part - Time Immigration Paralegal - VAWA (Temporary)
- Job Title
- Part - Time Immigration Paralegal - VAWA (Temporary)
Part-Time Immigration Paralegal - VAWA (Temporary)
Small, congenial law firm located in Newark, NJ seeks an Immigration Paralegal (Temporary) to work Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, or Monday - Wednesday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. This is a long-term temporary position expected to last at least six months, possibly longer. The hourly rate is up to $25 with overtime payable.
Your immigration experience should include VAWA cases, removal of conditions, adjustment of status and consular processing. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as you will have frequent contact with clients and will prepare written correspondence and court filings. Outstanding organization and follow up skills are a must as you will be monitoring the firm’s court calendar.
- Experience with I-360/I-485 battered spouse cases
- Experience with I-130/I-485 marriage cases
- Experience with I-751 removal of conditions cases
- Familiarity with Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) and immigration court procedures
- Ability to handle phones and calendar management
- Ability to write cover letters and affidavits
- Ability to use E-immigration
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Strong knowledge of G Suite: Calendar and scheduling is critical
- Internet savvy