Surgical Technician – Phoenix Access Surgery Center
- Job Title
- Surgical Technician – Phoenix Access Surgery Center
- Job ID
- PHOENIX, AZ 85018-2396
- Other Location
Arizona Kidney Disease and hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation’s largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are seeking a Surgical Technician to join our team. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Surgical Technician – Phoenix Access Surgery Center - AKDHC
While reporting to the Access Center Manager, the Surgical Technician renders care to patients undergoing procedures within the Center, in accordance with established procedures while working cooperatively with all Physicians and staff.
- Assist Physician with patient preparation for intra-op procedures
- Assist Circulating Nurse with patients, which may include offering reassurance and comfort
- Clean and disinfect equipment and instruments according to established policies and procedures
- Perform housekeeping duties including cleaning rooms after patient leaves, preparing rooms for next patient and maintaining clean and adequately stocked exam and consultation rooms
- Handle patient specimens, prepare specimen containers and accurately complete laboratory slips and culture/path slips
- Assist with maintaining adequate supply of inventory and answering incoming calls
- Comply with OSHA and HIPAA standards/regulations and QA/Safety Program
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician Program
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Ability to use the following equipment: clinical/surgical instruments, autoclave and computer
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.