- Job Title
- Job ID
- COLUMBUS, NE 68601-9003
- Other Location
Prairie Catalytic, a Nebraska-based company with a global reach, is the world’s leading producer of renewable and bio-based Ethyl Acetate. Nestled in the heart of the US Corn Belt, we are proud to call Columbus, Nebraska our home.
Prairie Catalytic is focused on transforming the production of chemical commodities using agricultural feedstock rather than oil and we have proven a new way to produce Ethyl Acetate using corn-ethanol. The Cornhusker State with its abundant and cost effective corn-ethanol resources and entrepreneurial spirit is an ideal home.
If you strive for excellence through organization and attention to detail, coupled with an ability to solve problems and apply mathematical operations to such tasks as account reconciliation, payroll, work paper preparation and other month-end closing procedures as assigned then we would like to talk to you. This position will support the company operations and management team.
- Bookkeeping and accounting. Maintain the company books in QuickBooks Enterprise, issue invoices and PO orders, process expense reports, pay vendors and suppliers.
- Provide reports and extract financial data when required, maintain a reconciliation of actual vs forecast financials.
- General administrative support as required by the management team.
- Provide administrative support to plant operation and perform general office administration tasks.
- Process and procedure development. Support the management team in the design and implementation of the management process for accounting, invoicing and payments.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- 2 - 3+ years of experience as a bookkeeper.
- Knowledge of general GAAP Accounting principles.
- Working experience with comparable duties at an industrial company highly preferred.
- Very comfortable with QuickBooks, MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Eligibility to work legally in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.