Certified Medical Assistant - Confidential
- Job Title
- Certified Medical Assistant - Confidential
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77043-5106
- Other Location
Ideally, we are seeking an individual who holds themselves to the highest ethical standards, has a strong desire for personal growth and professional success, is driven and has no problem rolling up their sleeves to achieve success. This position requires a person who has high energy, a high level of organizational skills, detail oriented, a perennial “can-do” attitude and must display professionalism at all times. Important to this role is to project a commitment to excellence in every function and responsibility. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Certified Medical Assistant – Confidential
Our client is seeking a Certified/Registered Medical Assistant for a busy Orthopedic practice. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 - 3 years of orthopedic experience and be extremely organized and customer-service focused!
- Document assessments, treatments and patient response.
- Complete requisition forms for treatment prescribed by the physician, i.e. prescriptions, occupational therapy, physical therapy, out of work notes, lab requisitions, test and surgery orders, etc.
- Monitor the clinical schedule to have a clear understanding of the daily clinical assignments.
- Review medical records and orders for completeness. If lab results, x-rays, consultation notes, test results, etc. are lacking, call appropriate persons to have these available.
- Assist or perform treatments or tests under the physician's supervision as follows (not inclusive):
- Suture / staple removal.
- Collection of specimens from wound, blood drawing or urine as required.
- Apply appropriate dressings following aseptic and wound care techniques.
- Properly apply DME, Instruct patients in use and care; follow the process for billing for DME products. Prepare for and assist with minor sterile procedures both inside and outside the minor procedure room.
- Remove cast by using electric saw (requires full use of both hands).
- Prepare and administer or assist the physician with injections /aspirations.
- Assemble necessary equipment for exam/consultation, treatment or diagnostic test indicated by physician's orders or routine.
- Complete/review patient education booklets/instruction sheet with patient prior to minor procedures/casting/surgery/testing/etc.
- Coordinate surgical care with surgery scheduling staff on an emergency basis assisting with notification, autologous blood donations, and anesthesia work-ups and medical clearance for patients scheduled for emergency surgery.
- Must be registered in one of the following: CCMA, CMA-AAM, NCMA, NRCMA, RMA, EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-A, EMT-P, LIC PAR, etc. Preferred 2 - 3 years of orthopedic experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Proficient with personal computer and basic clinic/patient care, office equipment.
- Knowledge of nursing/medical assistant patient care tasks, the managed care industry, appointment scheduling, related medical terminology and customer service concepts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ZR