Full Stack Developer - Toronto (York Mills)
- Job Title
- Full Stack Developer - Toronto (York Mills)
- Job ID
- Toronto, ON M2J 5A9
- Other Location
Full Stack Developer - Toronto
Our York-Mills based client has been at the forefront of the insurance industry for the past 100 years, and is leading the way in digital innovation for the industry.
Think working for a life insurance company is nothing but legacy code and stuffy old offices? Think again. We are transforming a company with a proud Canadian heritage into a FinTech leader. With industry-first apps, we have gained a reputation as one of the most innovative life insurance company in the country. But we’re not done yet. Join our growing digital development team where you’ll work on building core apps, APIs and micro-services to support our digital first strategy and build and evolve our growing digital business platform.
- Develop and deliver code for industry-leading digital insurance and investments applications and services
- Perform quality assurance testing; detect, troubleshoot and track content and functionality defects and front end enhancement requests
- Prototype and test new tools and technologies for DevOps and business applications (where applicable)
- Research and investigate alternate solutions for improvements; analyze and provide findings and recommendations to management
- Provide operational support of highly available web applications and services and maintain synchronization of production and development web servers.
- Explore innovative new technologies and trends within our Innovation Lab
You should have:
- 3+ years work experience in a web environment with relevant code and development experience
- Experience designing SQL database schemas in MySQL and/or Postgres
- Experience with cloud infrastructures (e.g. GCP, AWS, Acquia), SaaS, Docker, API and microservices development and architecture
- Knowledge of DevOps process and tools including GitHub, Jira, Slack, CircleCI, CodeClimate
- Significant experience within a development team in a production environment
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Ability to pivot and adjust work items to match shifting business priorities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and techniques
Education / Professional Courses
Completion of a University degree or equivalent experience
Our focus on digital innovation means we’re constantly striving to offer simple, fast and easy products to our customers, and that’s reflected in our modern workspace in the GTA. This open-concept office is bright, stimulating, and custom-designed to foster collaboration and leading-edge thinking. Located in the award-winning York Mills complex, you’re just steps away from York Mills Centre, a dedicated TTC bus/subway station, on-site daycare, a GoodLife gym, restaurants, shops and more. Home/work balance has never been easier with our York Mills office.
How to Apply
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Paul Thibeault by sending an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.