- Job Title
- Privacy Consultant
- Job ID
- Other Location
Who is CynergisTek?
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.
As Privacy Consultant, you will perform privacy and compliance program assessments and deliver consulting services to healthcare clients nationwide. This position works remotely and travels to clients on a regular basis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct HIPAA privacy assessments, OCR audit readiness reviews and mock audits, healthcare compliance program assessments, research program assessments, and respond to related client inquiries from healthcare clients
- Conduct in-person, detailed interviews with client representatives, including privacy officers, general counsel, health information management, and other compliance officers and directors.
- Produce reports of findings documenting assessment results with recommendations to assist clients in improving their compliance programs and positioning
- Present clients with assessment results, recommendations and priority initiatives at on-site or remote workshops/meetings
- Communicate directly with clients and manage client requirements/expectations around privacy services.
- Advise clients on privacy and compliance issues upon inquiry and provide requested guidance to clients, in consultation with the Privacy Services Manager/Director and Subject Matter Experts, in response to regulatory enforcement/audits.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of other consultants’ reports.
- Present clients with assessment result at on-site or remote workshops, along with recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Contribute the continuous improvement and development of Privacy services
- Collaborate with colleagues in meeting company revenue/performance goals.
- Complete time entries, leave requests, workload management reports, expense reimbursements, and other assigned reporting within the designated time frames.
- Complete assigned training within designated timeframes.
- Travel up to 60%
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in business, healthcare, law or related field along with 3+ years’ experience overseeing compliance with HIPAA and other privacy regulations or a Juris Doctor (JD) with a concentration in healthcare law along with 1 year experience in healthcare privacy and compliance. Relevant work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- CHPC, CHC, CIPP, CIPM (or comparable certification) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Experience completing assessments with privacy and compliance frameworks and best practices (e.g. HIPAA, state privacy statutes, federal sentencing guidelines, HHS OIG healthcare compliance guidelines).
- Knowledge of effective health care privacy and compliance programs.
- Ability to think holistically and identify areas of concern or non-compliance.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
- Resourceful problem-solving skills with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to a dynamic environment.
- Juris Doctor (JD) with a concentration in healthcare law along with 3+ years’ experience consulting in healthcare privacy and compliance, or comparable experience.
- Experience in a healthcare leadership role with an emphasis on the implementation of health information privacy programs in a patient care environment.
- In-depth working knowledge of current HIPAA Privacy regulations and other pertinent and applicable Federal and State regulations related to protected health information.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a privacy program in an integrated healthcare delivery system.
Why Join Us?
Recognition - CynergisTek won the 2017 Best in KLAS award for Cyber Security Advisory Services and was recognized in the 2016 KLAS Security Advisory Services report for having the highest overall client satisfaction, performance and impact on security preparedness in healthcare.