Remote - Privacy Consultant
- Job Title
- Remote - Privacy Consultant
- Job ID
- Austin, TX 78759
- Other Location
About the Role
As Privacy Consultant, you will conduct in-person, detailed interviews and assessments with client representatives, including privacy officers, general counsel, health information management, and other compliance officers and directors such as: HIPAA privacy assessments, OCR audit reviews and mock audits, healthcare compliance program assessments, research program assessments, and respond to related client inquiries from clients. The consultant will present written reports of findings documenting results with recommendations and priority initiatives to assist clients in improvising their compliance programs through on-site or remote workshops/meetings. This role will also advise clients on privacy and compliance issues upon inquiry and provide requested guidance to clients, in consultation with the Privacy Manager/Director and Subject Matter Experts, in response to regulatory enforcement/audits. This position works remotely and travels to clients on a regular basis, up to 60%.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who has knowledge of effective health care privacy and compliance programs and ability to think holistically and identify areas of concern or non-compliance. Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills are needed to conduct assessments with privacy and compliance frameworks and best practices (e.g. HIPAA, state privacy statutes, federal sentencing guidelines, HHS OIG healthcare compliance guidelines. Exceptional writing skills needed to deliver reports detailing findings and associated recommendations and to perform quality assurance reviews of other consultants’ reports.
- Master’s degree in business, healthcare, law or related field along with 3+ years’ experience overseeing compliance with HIPAA and other privacy regulations or a Juris Doctor (JD) with a concentration in healthcare law along with 1-year experience in healthcare privacy and compliance. Relevant work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- CHPC, CHC, CIPP, CIPM (or comparable certification) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Experience in a healthcare leadership role with an emphasis on the implementation of health information privacy programs in a patient care environment.
- In-depth working knowledge of current HIPAA Privacy regulations and other pertinent and applicable Federal and State regulations related to protected health information.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a privacy program in an integrated healthcare delivery system.
- Experience completing assessments with privacy and compliance frameworks and best practices
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations