A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Operations Research Analyst IV APG, Maryland
- Job Title
- Operations Research Analyst IV APG, Maryland
- Job ID
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Other Location
Operations Research Analyst IV APG
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for an Operations Research Analyst IV
Summary: This is an exempt position requiring knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) logistics or U.S Army logistics systems, and or automotive networks systems. Performs Operations Research Analyst functions and or engineering support in support of the Army Sample Data Collection and Analysis (SDC&A) program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following:
- Performs professional and scientific work requiring the design, development, and adaptation of mathematical and statistical modeling of scientific methods to analyze quantitative and qualitative data on operational assessments and studies.
- Performs data extraction and manipulation within the SDC databases and automotive time-series data to create reports, conduct analysis, and solve critical problems.
- Provides engineering support for developing requirements, performing requirements analysis and supporting development of new technologies for data collection.
- Works with subject matter experts to provide decision-makers with clear, meaningful, and justifiable analyses developed in a manner free of bias or unrecognized risk.
- Researches new techniques for solving complex problems.
- Prepares reports and studies, and communicates results to senior management, joint services, allies or other authorized partners.
Qualifications, Education and / or Experience:
- BS degree in Operations Research or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Eight years minimum experience in research, analysis, engineering or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of the DoD or Army logistics systems, publications, and major Army systems and end items or extensive background in automotive systems, specifically automotive networks.
- Strong skills with Systems Engineering software packages preferred.
- Experience with engineering or statistical analysis tools such as MATLAB or R preferred.
- Strong skills with using Microsoft Office Access, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Word applications are required.
- Must be a U.S citizen and have an active DoD Secret security clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The position requires walking, sitting, and climbing steps. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The work environment is primarily in an office setting. Travel may be required on a limited basis.
@talentorchard #cjpost @DCjobs