Privacy Analyst (Contract)
- Job Title
- Privacy Analyst (Contract)
- Job ID
- Sacramento, CA
- Other Location
This is a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension onsite with one of our premiere clients.
About the Role
As Privacy Analyst, you participate as a member of the client’s Privacy team under the direction of client management in conducting proactive auditing and monitoring of Electronic Health Record Applications and other Privacy activities as assigned; possible actives could include conducting physical audits; providing investigatory support; assisting with special projects and/or participating in work groups. This role will assist in the management of the privacy incident response process while supporting the Privacy team to ensure timely reporting and responding to patients, government entities, or regulatory inquires as required by law and as assigned. The Analyst will work with the client’s Privacy team to assure compliance with federal and state privacy regulations including HIPAA, HITECH, California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), other state privacy laws, and client’s privacy policies.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who has knowledge of effective health care privacy and compliance programs and ability to think holistically and identify areas of concern or non-compliance. Excellent communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills. Experience in completing investigations of healthcare privacy incidents in accordance with HIPAA and/or California state privacy statutes. Providing resourceful problem-solving abilities while learning and adapting quickly with sound judgement and reason to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with changing demands from multiple sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in health information management, business, healthcare, or related field along with a minimum of 2 years work experience in monitoring compliance with privacy regulations, a HIPAA Privacy program, or in healthcare compliance.
- A Master’s or higher degree in health law with one-year experience also meets the required education/experience.
- Combination of relevant work experience and high school diploma/equivalency will be considered.
- CHPC, CHC, CIPP, CIPM (or comparable certification)
- Experience with Epic electronic health record
- Experience with Compliance 360° software application
- Experience with Protenus compliance analytics software.
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.