The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.Lot Manager
- Job Title
- Lot Manager
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Minneapolis, MN 55425
- Other Location
Manages all lot operations including budgeting & customer service ; Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all lot employees including scheduling, safety, training, development, & employee relations; Participates in various special projects, individually and in groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carries out management responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Select, train, and develop subordinate personnel.
• Hands on involvement in the direction of all facility employees at all times ensuring teamwork and a harmonious work environment.
• Implements standards of performance and appearance
• Initiates new ideas, concepts, & procedures relative to changing organizational needs and established corporate requirements.
• Maintains facility and van appearance by coordinating regular maintenance schedules for upkeep of property and equipment.
• Ensures equipment is in safe working condition and clean and professional in appearance.
• Directly responsible for making hiring and termination decisions
• Handles all progressive discipline of lot employees.
• Conducts ongoing meetings, training and observation of subordinate personnel to ensure compliance with our Customer Service Vision and our Customer Service Mission.
• Monitors driver performance and ensure safety.
• Interacts and communicates directly with customers.
• Works with vendors to coordinate construction at the lot.
• Gathers bids for Capital Expenditure projects.
• Ensures the efficient operation and profitability of the facility by providing direction and leadership to assure “Best in Class” customer service executed by the best trained and motivated employees in the industry.
• Ensures quality service for customers by maintaining three to five minute pick up, ease of operation and expeditious exit.
• Maintain adequate staff levels within the approved Facility Budget and Corporate Policy.
• Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all financial results and operating activities.
• Contributes to the profitability of the Company by closely monitoring costs and budgets.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies: The following competencies strongly contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
• Change Management: Develops workable implementation plans, monitors transition and evaluates results, communicates changes effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance, prepares and supports those affected by change.
• Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others, inspires and motivates others to perform well and give appropriate recognition, effectively influences actions and opinions of others, accepts feedback from others.
• Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement, provides regular performance feedback and makes self available to staff, solicits and applies customer feedback and fosters quality focus in others.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires trust of others, works with integrity and ethically and upholds organizational values.
• Diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, educates others on the value of diversity, promotes a harassment-free environment, and builds a diverse workforce.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Microsoft Office
• Computer Skills
• ADP experience preferred
• Some travel may be required for operations meetings or other required events
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position involves flexibility to move and lift bulk items up to fifty (50) pounds, upper and lower body mobility sufficient to raise arms overhead, stretch, reach, turn, bend, stand (up to four (4) hours uninterrupted) kneel for extended periods, walk, climb stairs, and climb a ladder.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must no have more than 3 moving violations in the past three (3) years.
• Associate’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of one year management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
- Required Skills
- Lot Manager